Sunday, July 19, 2009

New house...new study...lots of writing

So we moved again. This time it's for keeps - or at least 5 years. Anyway, that's what we're telling ourselves. This is our fourteenth dwelling in the fourteen years we've known each other. We're exhausted. This is the first though that we threw out and gave away all our packing boxes. It's very liberating.

It's a great time to move. The weather is lovely so we can enojy our trouble-free garden that is all lawn and bush and lovely easy-to-climb apple trees. I'm not climbing the apple trees but my boys are all over them. My younger one spends a lot of time up there - doing god knows what because the apples are not big or ripe enough to eat.

So I have a beautiful study now. Mostly it is empty - has a couple of book shelves and a table facing a window that opens into a big patch of lavender. It's very inspiring. And even though I had my doubts, I have been writing up a storm, which is a good thing because I really need to finish this book and send it to my agent by the end of August. When life comes back to the publishing world after Labor Day I want to be locked and loaded with a finished manuscript. Fingers crossed!

Hope everyone is having a lovely summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment